Fluffy mini Meringues with Lemon Curd
These fluffy mini meringues are perfect for people who think they suck at baking or are honestly just too lazy to make dessert. Eggs, sugar, butter and lemons are literally all it takes to stun your guests with this chic dessert. The best part is, no egg yolk will go to waste cause they all go into the delicious lemon curd. WIN WIN!
What you'll need for the mini meringues
- 6 egg whites (keep the yolks for the lemon curd) - 1 pinch of salt
- 300 g sugar
1) Place the egg whites in a mixer (don't throw out the egg yolks, you'll need them for the lemon curd!) Whisk the egg whites and the pinch of salt with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then add in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until it all starts to look glossy.
2) Spoon the meringues in your desired size on a sheet lined with parchment paper and bake vor 1.5 hours ar 120° degrees.
What you'll need for the lemon curd: - 150 cl organic lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 150g butter, cut into pieces
- 150g sugar
1) Heat up a pot with water and bring to a boil, then turn it down so it simmers.
2) Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and place on top of the pot of boiling water.
3) Whisk constantly, until the lemon curd becomes nice and thick.
- 250g whipping cream, whipped
Place the mini meringues on a plate, add a dollop of whip cream, then a dollop of lemon curd and topp off with some crumbled pistachios. Pour le goût!