Sibylle & Sue
Mom's Cardamom Infused Poached Clementine Cake with crunchy Rosemary-Lemon Sugar
Here's an other one of our mom's secret weapons: Cardamom Infused Poached Clementine Cake with crunchy Rosemary-Lemon Sugar on top. OK, fair enough, the name of this recipe sounds a little bit complicated and also intimidating. But don't be fooled, as per usual with all our recipes, it's ridiculously easy. Sure it takes some time to poach the clementines, but that's the perfect time to grab your favorite book and chill on your couch or watch your favorite show on Netflix. Bonus: While the clementines sit on the stove and poach away, they leave your house smelling heavenlyyy. And the crunchy rosemary-lemon sugar to top everything off is just the icing on the cake!
What you'll need:
- 1 orange
- 2 clementines
- the juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 6 eggs
- 250g powdered sugar
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 6 pieces of white sugar
- 1 rosemary twig + a few more for garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2) Poach the orange and clementines in a pot of boiling water for about 2 hours. Let cool before blending.
3) In a bowl beat the eggs with a fork. Add the orange and clementine puree, cardamom, sugar, almonds & baking powder and mix well.
4) Pour the batter into a cake tin and bake for about 1 hour.
5) Remove the cake from the oven.
6) Crush the sugar pieces with the rosemary twig and mix with the lemon juice and zest. Spread this mixture on the still warm cake and let it cool down completely. This rosemary-lemon sugary goodness will leave a delicious crust on your cake.