Sibylle & Sue
Rich & Flavourful Red Lentil Curry
We think we can all agree that now is a good time to wear cozy sweaters, get comfy on your couch with your fav book and a blanket, light some candles & enjoy your house smelling divine from this wonderful rich red lentil curry. Or as we simply like to call it: Dahl. YUM!
This curry is cozy beyond cozy. We love serving it over a mini-mountain of steamy rice and lots of fresh cilantro and a big drizzle of lemon. It’s honestly all we want to eat until summer. It's just so yummy.
What you'll need:
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 400 g red lentils
- 1 big cauliflower, cut into pieces
- freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. roasted ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. curcuma
- 200g rice
- 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lime
1) Cook rice according to packaging. (We like to add some cardamom seeds to the rice, it gives it a lovely flavour!)
2) Place the freshly grated ginger and all the spices in a pan with the sesame oil and cook until everything becomes fragrant. Then add the lentils & cauliflower florets and mix well with the spices.
3) Add 1 liter of water to the pan and bring to a quick boil and then let simmer for about 20 minutes.
4) Serve the Dahl over rice, add some fresh spinach leaves, sprinkle with sesame & drizzle with lime.