Roasted Almond Mylk with Sea Salt
Aktualisiert: 18. Sept. 2020
Homemade Almond Mylk is so. easy. to make! And this recipe can be made in an instant. You don't even need to soak the almonds for hours.
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of almonds (we like skin on!)
- 4 cups of water
- a dash of sea salt
1) Lay out your almonds on a tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle them with sea salt and roast them at 200° for about 10 minutes.
2) Remove from the oven and let them cool.
3) Transfer them to your mixer, add the 4 cups of water and blend until creamy and smooth (about 2 minutes).
4) Strain using a thin dish towel. Squeeze until all of the liquid is extracted. Discard pulp, or save for baking. For example you could try this chocolate cake recipe.
5) Transfer your almond mylk to bottle and refrigerate. Enjoy fresh, but it should keep for up to 5 days. Shake well before using, as it tends to separate a bit.
--> If you've got a sweet tooth, add a date or two to the mixing part!