Roasted Hazelnut Chocolate Bundt Cake
So we admit, we had to google the English word for "Gugelhopf" - Bundt cake. So the other day la Madre casually asked if we had any interest in this old "Gugelhupf" -tin for our shoots. Obviously we said yes, cause just look at it, it is the preeeeettiest. But we asked her to give it to us WITH a cake inside (genius, we know 😆) and so she made this exceptionally moist chocolate covered roasted hazelnut Gugelhopf that we can't stop eating. Thanks Mamabear!
Here's what you'll need:
- 120g flour
- 200g hazelnuts
- 200g icing sugar
- 200g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
For the topping:
- 150g high quality dark chocolate
- 50g butter
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2) Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for about 10 minutes. Let them cool and then transfer them into a food processor and pulse gently until they become crumbly.
3) Use a food processor and mix the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. 4) One by one add the eggs until completely blended. 5) Add the hazelnuts, flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
6) Finally add the lemon juice and zest. 7) In order to keep the cake from sticking to the tin, grease the tin with butter and flour it with some of the leftover hazelnuts.
8) Bake the cake for about 40 minutes, checking with a knife if it's done. Remove from the oven and let cool.
9) In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and the butter and pour it over the Gugelhopf. Sprinkle with some sea salt if you want to and seeeeerve & enjoy.