Aktualisiert: 4. Juli 2020
My dearest partner in crime Sue makes the world’s best, best, best, best, BEST!!!! Tiramisù in the whole wide universe planet. It's true, so this blog post is dedicated to her! Hi Sue, love you! 💛💫✨
The first time Sue made her Tiramisù, I went straight to heaven. And now it's become a staple in my house aswell. She makes it the classic Italian way, with real. raw. eggs. Just make sure you use the freshest and highest quality eggs. If you can, get them from a farm in your area or look for an organic label (we like Demeter).
This is the best homemade Tiramisù recipe ever, you'll love it!
Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups of high quality coffee (or juice of 2 oranges, see notes below + a little bit of Disaronno)
- 3 egg yolks
- 80g sugar
- 500g mascarpone
- lemon zest of one lemon
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
1) Make 2 cups of strong coffee and set aside in a bowl (this will be used later for the ladyfingers)
2) Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy
3) Add lemon zest & 2 tsp. of the coffee and mix well. Then add the mascarpone and gently fold it all together. Don‘t mix it, otherwise your Tiramisù will end up runny.
4) Whip heavy cream and fold whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture
5) Finally, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gently fold into the mascarpone cream mixture.
6) Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee. Make sure it's a very quick dunk, as the Ladyfingers soak up a lot of liquid within 1 second. You don’t want them overly saturated and soggy because as the Tiramisu chills, they’ll soften up underneath all the cream.
7) Layer half of the cream mixture on top of the ladyfingers.
8) Dip and layer remaining ladyfingers and top with remaining cream mixture
9) Chill for for 2-3 hours in the fridge.
Dust with cocoa and enjoy!
Note: This recipe is also great with all kinds of berries. In this case instead of using coffee, dip the ladyfingers in freshly squeezed orange juice. And if you want to, add some Disaronno to that juice (you want to!) Continue with the recipe as described above but instead of dusting with cocoa, garnish with all kinds of berries of your choice.